As you slink from old-world Hanoi through ancient Hue, past historic Hoi An and to beachy Phan Rang and bustling Ho Chi Minh City, you’ll quickly realise that the Vietnamese know a thing or two about delicious food. Pho, banh mi, rice paper rolls – oh my! You’ll be bowled over with the number of offerings on this 11-day Essential Vietnam tour, from north to south. Not only will you be eating, you’ll be cruising, riding, relaxing, exploring and enjoying all of the Vietnamese hospitality. It sure is a damn tasty slice of this South East Asian nation, so there’s only one thing to say: Viet-nom.
- Cat Ba Island – Boat trip on Lan Ha Bay
- Cat Ba Island – Kayaking
- Cat Ba Island – Rice paper roll class
- Hue – Home cooked dinner
- Hoi An – Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An – Banh mi lunch
- Ho Chi Minh City – Ca Phe Bet with locals
- Balance on a tiny street side stool in Hanoi’s Old Quarter, soaking up the bustling vibes and watching motorbikes zoom past.
- Who’d have thought green seas and giant mossy rocks could be so pretty? Kayaking on Lan Ha Bay is bliss, and you’ll be doing something good for the environment.
- A little touch of France here, a little bit of China there – and all in Vietnam! Chill out in the cultural mixed bag of Hoi An. Hit up the local beach, cycle through rice paddies or get some sweet threads tailor-made.
- You can’t travel along the coast without spending some time lazing on the beach. Discover coastal Phan Rang and pull up a towel beside the sparkling South China Sea.
- Join the local uni students in Ho Chi Minh City with a coffee, snack and a chat in one of the city’s parks – you’ll feel like a local in no time.
Cat Ba Island
Hanoi - Overnight Train
Hoi An - Overnight Train
Phan Rang - Overnight Train
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City